The Human Resources Intern works within the Family Care Network’s Human Resources Department, assisting within the areas of employment, personnel files, benefits and other HR functions. This is a paid internship that is eligible for college credit.
- Must be currently enrolled in an undergraduate program. Human Resources Management, Business Administration, Sociology, Organized Leadership, etc. majors preferred. Must have taken or are enrolled in HR classes, or have experience in Human Resources
- 2 quarter required commitment (3 quarters preferred)
- Must be able to work during normal business hours, 8:30 AM - 5:00 PM, Monday - Friday
- 12-15 hours per week
- Must be knowledgeable and have hands-on experience with Microsoft Windows software and must be familiar with word processing, Microsoft Outlook, and Excel Spreadsheets. Knowledge of Google products helpful.
- Pass a thorough screening process which includes:
- Interview, 4 reference checks (at least 1 of these must be a recent or past employer)
- Agreement to policies on confidentiality, child abuse reporting, activity safety and more
- Live Scan (Fingerprinting), and a Child Abuse Index, Criminal Record Affidavit
- Health/Drug Screen, TB Test
- DMV printout of driving record
Provide assistance to the FCNI Human Resources Department in the areas of:
- Employment: checking references, inputting applicant and new hire information
- Assist in maintaining all personnel files