Director of Development
The Family Care Network, Inc., (FCNI) an equal opportunity employer, is currently recruiting to fill the position of Development Director based at our headquarters in San Luis Obispo, CA. The Development Director position has strategic oversight and day-to-day operational responsibilities for directing and managing all aspects of philanthropic giving to include special events, annual fund, major gifts, planned giving, corporate giving, and foundation giving. This position is responsible for all points of the donor engagement cycle, including identification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship.
FCNI is a progressive, dynamic, organization with a 30-year history of serving San Luis Obispo and Santa Barbara counties through multiple programs designed to strengthen and preserve families and individuals impacted by trauma. The agency is the Central Coast’s largest private children’s foster family and mental health services provider, with 200 employees and 21 unique programs serving over 22,000 children & families during our 30-year history.
Compensation and Benefits
- Full-time exempt/salary position, in San Luis Obispo, CA
- $77,000 Annual starting wage dependent upon experience and qualifications
- Benefits for Full-time employees: health, dental, vision, life, 17 days PTO per year to start & 12 paid holidays per year, 403(b) retirement plan, short term and long term disability plans.
- The primary responsibility of the Director of Development is to establish and maintain a significant base of community generated revenues and resources to maximize FCNI’s ability to serve children, youth and families and fulfill its mission.
- Working with the CEO and the Donor Engagement Committee, create and execute a strategic fundraising plan with clearly defined goals, timeframes, and metrics to include events, annual giving, major gifts, planned giving, foundation gifts and corporate gifts.
- Establish and maintain a comprehensive donor database, including preparation of reports on progress, budgets, receipts and expenditure related to the management of fund development activities
This position is an exciting opportunity for an ambitious, self- starter, with a proven track record of meeting and exceeding non-profit financial goals by cultivating and stewarding a varied donor base. S/he will be an excellent communicator, who is results orientated with a genuine passion and enthusiasm for fundraising and our mission of serving Children, Youth, and Families in our community.
- BS/BA degree in marketing, public relations, communications or related is preferred; advanced degree is a plus
- Certified Fund Raising Executive (CFRE) designation is an additional asset
- A minimum of 5 to 7 years of donor development and fundraising experience with at least 3 years of proven success in major gift fundraising
- A minimum of 3 years of supervisory experience of a fundraising team or divisions therein
- Preferred experience in multiple fundraising areas such as annual fund, major gifts, events, or planned gifts
- Experience in setting strategy for donor communications
- Experience or familiarity with the Benevon fundraising model
- Experience using major business software applications including donor database systems.Preferred to have extensive experience in Raisers Edge
- Preference for someone with experience in child and family services, with a heart for the work of the organization
- Meet all state criminal record and health screening clearance requirements, and possess: a valid California Driver’s License, automobile insurance and an acceptable DMV record