Administrative Assistant - Front Desk
The Family Care Network, Inc., (FCNI) an equal opportunity employer, is currently recruiting to fill the position of Administrative Assistant - Front Desk. This is a position based at FCNI’s San Luis Obispo, CA headquarters. This position is responsible for maintaining the front desk duties including answering and forwarding phone calls, providing administrative support to other admin staff, data entry, file maintenance and various clerical duties.
FCNI is a progressive, dynamic, organization with a 34-year history of serving San Luis Obispo and Santa Barbara counties through multiple programs designed to strengthen and preserve families and individuals impacted by trauma. The agency is the Central Coast’s largest private children’s foster family and mental health services provider, with 150 employees and 21 unique programs serving over 22,000 children & families during our 34-year history.
FCNI provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, genetics, or any other characteristic protected by law. In addition to federal law requirements, FCNI complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Compensation and Benefits
- Full-Time hourly position (40 hours per week), immediate opening in San Luis Obispo, CA
- $17.00 per hour plus an additional $1.50 per hour for Spanish Bilingual differential if applicable
- Benefits for full-time employees: health, dental, vision, life, 17 days PTO per year to start & 12 paid holidays per year, 403(b) retirement plan
- Work a daily schedule of Monday – Friday 8:15 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Perform regular office duties including, but not limited to: word processing, filing, file auditing, data entry, answering telephones, and receiving visitors and managing incoming faxes.
- Receive and open agency mail, ensuring that documents are date stamped and routed to the proper person. Handle outgoing mail including metering regular and bulk mailings.
- Assist in office supplies inventory and purchasing.
- Provide basic hospitality duties for our self-serve coffee bar and kitchen supplies
- Assist other departments with miscellaneous clerical duties as requested.
- A minimum of one-two years’ experience in a professional office environment with a full range of clerical duties.
- Must be knowledgeable of typing (45-60 wpm), clerical/office procedures, and customer service.
- Knowledgeable and have hands-on experience with Microsoft Windows software and must be familiar with Word processing, Google Mail, and Excel Spreadsheets.
- Be of good character and reputation, professional, communicate effectively, and able to follow agency policy & procedures
- Meet all state criminal record & health (including drug test) screening clearance requirements and have a valid CA driver’s license, insurance & acceptable DMV record