Administrative Assistant - Front Desk/TAY Housing
The Family Care Network, Inc., (FCNI) an equal opportunity employer, is currently recruiting to fill the position of Administrative Assistant - Front Desk/TAY Housing. This is a position based at FCNI’s San Luis Obispo, CA headquarters. This position is responsible for maintaining the front desk duties including answering and forwarding phone calls, providing administrative support to other admin staff, data entry, file maintenance and various clerical duties.
Compensation and Benefits
- Full-time hourly position (40 hours per week), immediate opening in San Luis Obispo, CA
- $15.00 - $16.00 per hour depending on experience plus $0.30 per hour for Spanish Bilingual differential if applicable
- Benefits for Full-time employees: health, dental, vision, life insurance, 17 days PTO per year to start & 12 paid holidays per year, 403(b) retirement plan
- Work a daily schedule of Monday – Friday 8:00 am – 5:00 pm with a one hour lunch break
- Perform regular office duties including, but not limited to: word processing, filing, file auditing, data entry, answering telephones, and receiving visitors and managing incoming faxes.
- Receive and open agency mail, ensuring that documents are date stamped, and routed to the proper person. Handle outgoing mail including metering regular and bulk mailings.
- The Administrative Assistant - Front Desk will be responsible for supporting FCNI’s Community Care Licensing documentation requirements in our TAY Housing and Foster Care programs. Including but not limited to:
- Assist in auditing and filing information
- Maintain data entry requirements
- Review files and ensure all supporting documents are collected and filed
- Support the administrative team in these programs as needed
- Assist other departments with miscellaneous clerical duties as requested.
- At least three years’ experience in a professional office environment with a full range of clerical duties.
- Must be knowledgeable of typing (45-60 wpm), clerical/office procedures, and customer service.
- Knowledgeable and have hands-on experience with Microsoft Windows software and must be familiar with Word processing, Google Mail, and Excel Spreadsheets.
- Be of good character and reputation, professional, communicate effectively, and able to follow agency policy & procedures
- Meet all state criminal record & health (including drug test) screening clearance requirements and have a valid CA driver’s license, insurance & acceptable DMV record