Administrative Coordinator Social Media & Marketing
The Family Care Network, Inc., (FCNI) an equal opportunity employer, is currently recruiting to fill the position of Administrative Coordinator-Social Media and Marketing. This is a position based at FCNI’s administrative headquarters in San Luis Obispo. The Social Media/Marketing Coordinator will assist in maintaining and expanding a strong online presence for FCNI by designing, creating and posting original FCNI-related content across all of the agency’s social media platforms.
This position will also assist in implementing online marketing strategies. S/he will help to develop original content (on social media platforms, for blog articles and video), and develop ways to attract more supporters in order to increase web traffic and community member engagement metrics aligned with broader FCNI marketing strategies, ultimately increasing community member awareness of and involvement with the agency’s mission.
FCNI provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, genetics, or any other characteristic protected by law. In addition to federal law requirements, FCNI complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Compensation and Benefits
- Full-time hourly position, current opening in San Luis Obispo, CA
- $18.00 per hour starting wage
- Benefits for full-time employees: health, dental, vision, life, 17 days PTO per year to start & 12 paid holidays per year, 403(b) retirement plan
- Design, write/create and publish posts for FCNI’s social media/marketing platforms, and post the weekly blog article.
- Meet with staff, clients, supporters, donors/sponsors, county/community partners, etc. in order to conduct interviews--either for print or video--that will be used to showcase FCNI efforts, recruitment needs, staff perspectives, and program and clients stories across all media platforms, including the website, the weekly FCNI blog and other marketing efforts.
- Attend community tabling events in order to secure video footage and/or photos of the event and create posts for social media.
- Assist with Agency fundraising events as needed to document the events on our social media channels. This may include conducting and filming/recording interviews with attendees/vendors/sponsors, taking event photos and/or functioning as a media liaison on behalf of FCNI.
- This position will work as part of FCNI’s Communication Team, and will work collaboratively with other staff in order to maintain consistency in agency messaging and branding.
- Must possess a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university and one year experience in social media/marketing or a related field; or an associate’s degree from an accredited college or university and two years related experience; or a high school diploma and three years related experience.
- Must be available for occasional weekend and evening work.
- Must be proficient in current technology software and systems, including but not limited to: Microsoft Office Suite, Google Suite, Android Smartphones, Social Media Platforms, etc.
- Must possess a working knowledge of designing and utilizing social media ad campaigns.
- Must be of good character and reputation, professional, communicate effectively, and able to follow agency policy & procedures. Meet all state criminal record and health screening clearance requirements, and possess: a valid California Driver’s License, automobile insurance and an acceptable DMV record