Career & Housing Navigator
The Family Care Network, Inc. has an opening for the Career & Housing Navigator position. In partnership with the Department of Social Services, the Career & Housing Navigator serves as a dedicated housing specialist staff within the TAY Housing Program; acting as a liaison between program participants and landlords, recruiting and developing landlord partners, and identifying vacant housing units to help the program participants obtain housing. The Career & Housing Navigator will be responsible for recruiting, screening, training, and coordinating Career Mentors; and recording data for outcomes as directed. The Career & Housing Navigator must be flexible in schedule availability and able to provide services when participants and landlords need them in order to ensure coordination and continuity of services in accordance with FCNI's Best Practices and contractual obligations.
FCNI is a progressive, dynamic organization with a 34-year history serving San Luis Obispo and Santa Barbara counties through multiple programs designed to strengthen and preserve families and individuals impacted by trauma. Programs are delivered in partnership with public and private agencies and the community. With our "grow your own" philosophy, FCNI provides excellent advancement opportunities.
FCNI provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, genetics, or any other characteristic protected by law. In addition to federal law requirements, FCNI complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Due to the State Public Health Officer Order issued by the State of California: All workers who provide services or work in Health Care Facilities, including Behavioral Health are required to show proof of a COVID19 Vaccination.
Workers may be exempt from the vaccination requirements only upon providing FCNI's Human Resources department a declination form, signed by the individual stating either of the following: (1) the worker is declining vaccination based on Religious Beliefs, or (2) the worker is excused from receiving any COVID-19 vaccine due to Qualifying Medical Reasons:
- To be eligible for a Qualified Medical Reasons exemption the worker must also provide to FCNI's Human Resources department a written statement signed by a physician, nurse practitioner, or other licensed medical professional practicing under the license of a physician stating that the individual qualifies for the exemption (but the statement should not describe the underlying medical condition or disability) and indicating the probable duration of the worker’s inability to receive the vaccine (or if the duration is unknown or permanent, so indicate).
- If you meet the requirements of the vaccination exemption; All unvaccinated workers are required to test weekly for COVID19.
- Wear a surgical mask or higher-level respirator approved by the National Institute of Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH), such as an N95 filtering face piece respirator, at all times while in the facility.
Compensation and Benefits
- Full-Time position in San Luis Obispo County
- Must be flexible in schedule availability and able to work with individuals in person
- Flexible remote and in-office work environment
- Position requires frequent travel using a personal vehicle. Mileage reimbursed at $0.50 per mile
- Starting Hourly Rate: $22.00 plus Spanish bilingual differential of $1.50 p/h if applicable
- Benefits: health, dental, vision, life insurance, 403(b) retirement plan, 17 days of PTO per year to start, and 12 paid holidays per year
- The Career & Housing Navigator is responsible for the following Housing Navigator duties:
- Recruitment, identifying vacant housing units and routine check-ins with landlords.
- Provide mediation and advocacy with landlords on the program participant’s behalf to develop a workable plan to obtain and or maintain housing.
- Assist participants in locating and securing housing of their choice.
- Conduct housing inspections to ensure housing meets habitability and safety standards.
- Create recruitment material for distribution to potential landlords.
- Collaborate and communicate with the Case Manager and the County ERS to promote a successful tenancy.
- Serve as an ongoing liaison between property managers and participants as well as between participants and neighbors.
- The Career & Housing Navigator is responsible for the following Career Navigator and community engagement duties:
- Recruit, screen, train, and coordinate Career Mentors.
- Oversee the matching of career mentors to clients, working closely with social workers and the Education Services Manager.
- Record career mentor data and assist with outcomes reporting as directed.
- Coordinate periodic community work service projects as directed by the CRD Dept.
- Apply knowledge of residential lease contracts to educate clients of their rights and responsibilities
- A Bachelor’s or Associate's Degree from an accredited college or university in Business Administration or a related field of study, and experience in working with persons in social services, or human services oriented public/private organization; or
- A High School Diploma or equivalency exam and two years of experience in working with persons in social services, or human services oriented public/private organization
- Must have prior work experience in real estate, leasing, or property management
- Must be knowledgeable of California landlord/tenant laws
- Possess excellent customer service and interpersonal skills
- Be of good character and reputation; professional; communicate effectively verbally and in writing; and ability to follow all state regulations, agency policy and procedures
- The Career & Housing Navigator shall meet all state criminal record and health screening clearance requirements, and possess: a valid California Driver’s License, automobile insurance and an acceptable DMV record