Case Manager - Independent Living Program
The Family Care Network, Inc., (FCNI) an equal opportunity employer, is accepting applications for interest in an opening for the position of Independent Living Program Case Manager. In Partnership with the Department of Social Services, the Independent Living Program Case Manager will provide one-to-one life skill development for ILP eligible youth. The ILP Case Manager must be flexible in schedule availability and able to provide services when clients need them, which can include evenings and weekends in order to ensure coordination and continuity of services in accordance to FCNI’s Best Practices and contractual obligations.
FCNI is a progressive, dynamic organization with a 35-year history serving San Luis Obispo and Santa Barbara counties through multiple programs designed to strengthen and preserve families and individuals impacted by trauma. Programs are delivered in partnership with public and private agencies and the community. With our "grow your own" philosophy, FCNI provides excellent advancement opportunities.
FCNI provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, genetics, or any other characteristic protected by law. In addition to federal law requirements, FCNI complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Due to the State Public Health Officer Order issued by the State of California: All workers who provide services or work in Health Care Facilities, including Behavioral Health are required to show proof of a COVID19 Vaccination.
Workers may be exempt from the vaccination requirements only upon providing FCNI's Human Resources department a declination form, signed by the individual stating either of the following: (1) the worker is declining vaccination based on Religious Beliefs, or (2) the worker is excused from receiving any COVID-19 vaccine due to Qualifying Medical Reasons
- To be eligible for a Qualified Medical Reasons exemption the worker must also provide to FCNI's Human Resources department a written statement signed by a physician, nurse practitioner, or other licensed medical professional practicing under the license of a physician stating that the individual qualifies for the exemption (but the statement should not describe the underlying medical condition or disability) and indicating the probable duration of the worker’s inability to receive the vaccine (or if the duration is unknown or permanent, so indicate).
- Wear a surgical mask or higher-level respirator approved by the National Institute of Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH), such as an N95 filtering facepiece respirator, at all times while in the facility.
Compensation and Benefits
Pay Range: $24.15 - $30.91 per hour
- 40 hrs. - Full-Time/Non-Exempt position in San Luis Obispo County
- Starting rate $24.15 per hour
- Plus a Spanish Bilingual differential (if applicable) of a 10% increase on the Employee's Base Rate of Pay
- Mileage reimbursement 65.5 cents per mile.
Eligible to enroll into benefits on the 1st of the month following employee's first day of employment. These are all high quality and comprehensive plans.
- FCNI will cover 75% of employee's premium and 60% of employee's dependent’s premium on the primary plan offered-Aetna PPO Health Benefit, Vision and Dental PPO - Average monthly premium for Employee Only plans $125.68 (Spouse and family plans available).
- (HMO and HSA plans available)
- Humana Life Insurance - $25,000 death benefit at no charge to the employee.
- Employee Assistance Program - Aetna Resources and Support at no charge to the employee which includes resources and support in:
- Emotional well-being support
- Legal services
- Daily life assistance
- Financial services, etc.
- 403(b) plan which allows employees to contribute a portion of their salary pre-tax toward their retirement with a monthly employer match.
- 12 paid holidays annually
- 17 days of PTO accrued annually (increases after 3 years of service)
- The ILP Case Manager shall perform therapeutic activities which may include:
- Assist in coordinating and facilitating ILP workshops and events under the direction of the ILP Supervisor.
- Interventions designed to improve client’s social and community competencies through building or reinforcing daily living skills that will enhance the client’s ability to successfully live at home and in his/her community.
- Individual counseling support designed to assist client to engage in, or become engaged in, appropriate activities and to minimize impulsive behavior.
- Interventions that provide immediate behavioral support and to prevent inappropriate behavioral responses.
- Cognitive behavioral interventions.
- Trauma informed care interventions.
- Client supervision and time structuring.
- Support to and collaboration with the client’s care-giver family, in order to create and sustain a positive living environment.
- Prepare required written documentation, including case notes, incident reports, & agency forms
- Participate in agency training, unit/staff meetings, activities, & events
- A Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university in a related field. Preferred degrees include: psychology, social services, social work, counseling, human/child development, education or a related field of study with experience in assisting persons in independent living skills in a human services oriented public/private organization; or
- An Associate's Degree from an accredited college or university in human services (psychology, social services, social work, counseling, education, human/child development) or
- A related field of study, and 2 years of experience in assisting persons in independent living skills in a human services oriented public/private organization.
- Knowledge of social work practices, case work methods, theories of behavior and behavior management, theories of human development and psychology.
- Be of good character and reputation, professional, communicate effectively, and able to follow agency policy & procedures
- Meet all state criminal record & health screening clearance requirements and have a valid CA driver's license, insurance & acceptable DMV record
Be flexible in schedule availability, which can include evenings, weekends and holidays
Must be available to report in-person with flexible remote/telecommuting work.
Send questions to email@example.com or to FCNI 1255 Kendall Road, San Luis Obispo, CA 93401