Family Specialist - Housing Support Program
Family Care Network, Inc. is currently recruiting for an employment position as a Family Specialist in the Housing Support Program. The Family Specialist, in association with an FCNI Program Manager or Supervisor, will serve as a role model and Specialist with families in developing a strength-based, needs-driven plan that enhances movement toward housing self-sufficiency and community reliance upon departure from the program. The Family Specialist must be able to provide services when clients and families need them, which can include evenings in order to ensure coordination and continuity of services in accordance to FCNI’s Best Practices and contractual obligations
FCNI is a progressive, dynamic organization with a 35-year history serving San Luis Obispo and Santa Barbara counties through multiple programs designed to strengthen and preserve families and individuals impacted by trauma. Programs are delivered in partnership with public and private agencies and the community. With our "grow your own" philosophy, FCNI provides excellent advancement opportunities.
FCNI provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, genetics, or any other characteristic protected by law. In addition to federal law requirements, FCNI complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training
Compensation and Benefits
- Part-time/Non-Exempt employment in San Luis Obispo
- 20 hours per week and must be flexible with all shifts including evening and weekend hours.
- Starting hourly rate: $18.90
- Ineligible for PTO or Health/Dental/Vision/403(b) benefits.
- Eligible for sick time per policy.
- Mileage reimbursement 65.5 cents per mile
- Specific duties of a Family Specialist may include any or all of the following:
- Provide expertise in the area of family empowerment
- Serve as a role model and mentor to families
- Schedule and conduct regular parent support, including parent education and life skills training
- Meet individually with parents as a resource person, to assist them in:
- Overcoming barriers to sustainable housing
- Utilize community resources
- Assist in the recruitment, training and mentoring of new Family Specialists
- Family Specialists will be required to maintain records of activities and contacts, write case notes or collect data or other information required for evaluating the Family Specialist program
- It is required that the Family Specialist to have at minimum, graduated from high school or successfully completed a high school equivalency exam.
- It is preferred that a Family Specialist has personal experience as a served population, with knowledge and experience in utilizing or coordinating mental health supports and services.
- A Family Specialist must be capable of and willing to work with individuals with housing barriers, which can include physical, mental health, and/or socioeconomic challenges
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to work independently within a team setting
- Meet all state criminal record & health screening clearance requirements and have a valid CA driver's license, insurance & acceptable DMV record
- Be willing to drive throughout San Luis Obispo and/or Northern Santa Barbara County for client contacts