Foster Family Development Specialist
The Family Care Network, Inc., (FCNI) an equal opportunity employer, is currently recruiting to fill the position of Foster Family Development Specialist (FFDS). This is an essential agency position based at FCNI’s administrative headquarters in San Luis Obispo; requiring extensive travel throughout Santa Barbara County and some limited travel within San Luis Obispo County. This position is responsible to recruit, develop; train and support foster families under the direction of the Foster Family & Adoptions Supervisor. The Foster Family Development Specialist must be flexible in schedule availability to perform the responsibilities required of this position, including evenings and weekends.
Compensation and Benefits
- Full Time - 40 hours per week, immediate opening in San Luis Obispo, CA
- $18.00 per hour starting wage plus Bilingual differential if applicable
- Position requires extensive travel using personal vehicle. Mileage reimbursed at $0.50 per mile
- Benefits for full time employees: health, dental, vision, life, 17 days paid time off per year to start & 12 paid holidays per year, 403(b) retirement plan
- Contact churches and houses of faith, service clubs, community groups or other organizations targeted for recruitment
- Speak to groups about FCNI programs, services and opportunities for community involvement
- Conduct orientations with prospective foster parents, explaining our programs, services and expectations, as well as thoroughly reviewing the certification process
- Work within diverse settings including family homes, office facilities, training locations, and other various outdoor and indoor settings.
- Provide ongoing, strength-based foster parent contact and support
- Participate in agency recruitment planning and discussions; working with other FCNI staff and programs involved in recruitment efforts; and ensuring that agency recruitment efforts are a well-coordinated, integrated and collaborative process
- Must be available full-time and able work a flexible schedule which can include evenings and weekends.
- Must have a Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university in a related field of study, and one year of work experience in related field
- Educational requirements may be substituted on a year for year combination of education and related experience, or four years experience as a foster parent
- Must be knowledgeable in foster care services/foster parenting
- Must be able to work independently and as a part of a team setting to meet recruitment goals
- Must be culturally competent in reaching diverse groups and a variety of faith based organizations throughout the community
- Be of good character and reputation, professional, communicate effectively verbally and in writing, and follow agency policy & procedures
- Meet all state criminal record and health screening clearance requirements, and possess: a valid California Driver’s License, automobile insurance and an acceptable DMV record.