Front Office Coordinator
The Family Care Network, Inc., (FCNI) an equal opportunity employer, is currently recruiting to fill the position of Front Office Coordinator. This is a position based at FCNI’s San Luis Obispo, CA headquarters. The Front Office Coordinator is responsible for overall front desk activities, including oversight of the reception area and meeting areas, customer service, phones, mail, hospitality, data entry, and office supplies. This position also enters and submits client data for Medi-Cal Billing and serves as the backup support staff for the agency’s Direct Services Records Administrator. As a part of the agency’s administration team, this position also assists on projects and any additional administrative support necessary for the organization.
FCNI is a progressive, dynamic organization with a 35-year history serving San Luis Obispo and Santa Barbara counties through multiple programs designed to strengthen and preserve families and individuals impacted by trauma. Programs are delivered in partnership with public and private agencies and the community. With our "grow your own" philosophy, FCNI provides excellent advancement opportunities.
FCNI provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, genetics, or any other characteristic protected by law. In addition to federal law requirements, FCNI complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Due to the State Public Health Officer Order issued by the State of California: All workers who provide services or work in Health Care Facilities, including Behavioral Health are required to show proof of a COVID19 Vaccination.
Workers may be exempt from the vaccination requirements only upon providing FCNI's Human Resources department a declination form, signed by the individual stating either of the following: (1) the worker is declining vaccination based on Religious Beliefs, or (2) the worker is excused from receiving any COVID-19 vaccine due to Qualifying Medical Reasons
a. To be eligible for a Qualified Medical Reasons exemption the worker must also provide to FCNI's Human Resources department a written statement signed by a physician, nurse practitioner, or other licensed medical professional practicing under the license of a physician stating that the individual qualifies for the exemption (but the statement should not describe the underlying medical condition or disability) and indicating the probable duration of the worker’s inability to receive the vaccine (or if the duration is unknown or permanent, so indicate).
b. If you meet the requirements of the vaccination exemption; All unvaccinated workers are required to test weekly for COVID19.
c. Wear a surgical mask or higher-level respirator approved by the National Institute of Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH), such as an N95 filtering facepiece respirator, at all times while in the facility.
Compensation and Benefits
- 40 hrs. - Full-Time/Non-Exempt position in San Luis Obispo
- Starting rate: $21.00 per hour (Coord. Level I) - $22.05 per hour (Coord. Level II)
- Additional compensation: 10% Spanish Bilingual differential (if applicable)
- Eligible to enroll into benefits on the 1st of the month following employee's first day of employment. These are all high quality and comprehensive plans.
- FCNI will cover 75% of employee's premium and 60% of employee's dependent’s premium on the primary plan offered-Aetna PPO Health Benefit, Vision and Dental PPO - Average monthly premium for Employee Only plans $115.82 (Spouse and family plans available).
- (HMO and HSA plans available)
- Humana Life Insurance - $25,000 death benefit at no charge to the employee.
- Employee Assistance Program - Aetna Resources and Support at no charge to the employee which includes resources and support in:
- Emotional well-being support
- Legal services
- Daily life assistance
- Fitness discounts
- Financial services, etc.
- 403(b) plan which allows employees to contribute a portion of their salary pre-tax toward their retirement with a monthly employer match.
- 12 paid holidays annually
- 17 days of PTO accrued annually (increases after 3 years of service)
- This position requires full-time in office work at FCNI's San Luis Obispo Headquarters
- Work a daily schedule of Monday – Friday 8:00 am – 5:00 pm with a one-hour lunch break .
- Perform regular office duties including, but not limited to: word processing, data entry, document scanning, filing, answering multi-line telephones, and receiving visitors and managing incoming faxes.
- Provide exceptional customer service in person and on the phone to clients, families, staff, vendors and the community: greeting guests, observing front door/guest protocols, HIPAA Privacy and Security procedures, etc.
- Assist with entering and submitting MediCal Billing for Behavioral Health Services and serve as a backup support staff for the Direct Services Records Administrator.
- Assist the Staff Development Manager with entering training records into the agency’s HRIS system, conducting training compliance auditing, and preparing training materials.
- Assist with hospitality/environment duties as assigned, which include maintaining the kitchen/break room/ lobby areas, replenishing restroom supplies, plan and order food for agency meetings.
- Receive and open agency mail, ensuring that documents are date stamped, and routed to the proper person. Handle outgoing mail including metering regular and bulk mailings.
- Assist other departments with miscellaneous clerical duties as requested.
- Candidates must have a minimum of two years of experience in business administration, preferably in medical records or a medical related office in a public or private agency, with a full range of clerical duties.
- Candidates must have prior experience and/or aptitude in record keeping and medical record practices; prior experience with medical billing is preferred.
- Candidates must be knowledgeable of typing (45-60 wpm) and general clerical/office procedures.
- Candidates must be extremely detail-oriented and accurate in documentation and data entry.
- Candidates must be knowledgeable in confidentiality, HIPAA, and medical records policy.
- Candidates must possess exceptional customer service skills.
- Candidates must possess a proven ability to handle confidential information and work independently and as a team.
- Candidates must be knowledgeable and have hands-on experience with Microsoft Windows software and must be familiar with word processing, Microsoft Outlook, and Excel Spreadsheets.
- Candidates must be of good character and reputation, professional, communicate effectively verbally and in writing, and able to follow agency policy & procedures
- Candidates are required to meet all state criminal record & health screening clearance requirements and have a valid CA driver’s license, insurance & acceptable DMV record