Human Resources Director
The Family Care Network, Inc., (FCNI), an equal opportunity employer, is currently recruiting to fill the position of Human Resources Director in San Luis Obispo, CA. Under the supervision of the Chief Executive Officer, the Human Resources Director will provide leadership and coordination of company Human Resource functions, including maintaining ongoing knowledge of California and Federal Labor Law and recommending and supporting the agency in labor law compliance, recruitment & hiring, employee relations, maintenance of employee personnel files, employee and supervisor handbook maintenance & training, employee reviews and implementation of personnel policy and procedures.
Family Care Network, Inc. (FCNI) was founded as a California public benefit corporation in August of 1987 with the purpose of creating family-based treatment programs as an alternative to group home or institutional care of children and youth. Today, the agency serves San Luis Obispo and Santa Barbara counties through multiple programs designed to heal, empower and strengthen children, youth and families impacted by trauma, helping them reach their goals of self-sufficiency. Programs are delivered in partnership with public and private agencies and our community.
FCNI provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, genetics, or any other characteristic protected by law. In addition to federal law requirements, FCNI complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Compensation and Benefits
- 40 hrs. - Full-Time/Exempt position
- Office location: San Luis Obispo
- Business hours: Monday-Friday, 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- Annual salary range: $100,000-$127,000
- Eligible to enroll into benefits on the 1st of the month following employee's first day of employment. These are all high quality and comprehensive plans.
- FCNI will cover 75% of employee's premium and 60% of employee's dependent’s premium on the primary plan offered-Aetna PPO Health Benefit, Vision and Dental
- HSA plans available
- Aflac Policies as well as the Flexible Spending Account for Unreimbursed Medical and Dependent Care.
- Unum - Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Insurance – FCNI contributes 100% towards the premium
- Humana Life Insurance - $25,000 death benefit at no charge to the employee.
- Employee Assistance Program - Aetna Resources and Support at no charge to the employee which includes resources and support in:
- Emotional well-being support
- Legal services
- Daily life assistance
- Financial services, etc.
- 403(b) plan which allows employees to contribute a portion of their salary pre-tax toward their retirement with a monthly employer match.
- 12 paid holidays annually
- 17 days of PTO accrued annually (increases after 3 years of service)
- Identifies legal requirements and government reporting regulations affecting the human resources functions and ensures policies, procedures, and reporting are in compliance.
- Advises management in appropriate resolution of employee relations issues. Conducts and/or oversees investigations relative to complaints of discrimination and/or harassment; assists and guides departments in the use of appropriate procedures to follow in taking disciplinary actions against employees.
- Supervise HR Team to plan, develop, organize, implement, direct, and evaluate the human resource function and performance.
- Collaborate with executive leadership to define the organization's long-term mission and goals; identify ways to support this mission through talent management. Review analytics and reporting daily and take action to improve productivity within the department.
- Directs the preparation of information requested or required for compliance of (e.g., OSHA, EEOC and Wage & Hour).
- Identify and organize staff training and professional development activities.
- A Bachelor’s degree is required, preferred in Human Resource Management, from an accredited college or university.
- Required - SHRM, PHR Certification with five (5) years of progressive leadership experience in Human Resources.
- Strong knowledge of State of California and Federal labor laws, and Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion best practices.
- Ability to gather data, compile information, and prepare clear, concise, and comprehensive reports, studies, and other written materials.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Effectively use computer systems, software applications relevant to work performed, and modern business equipment to perform a variety of tasks.
- Meet all state criminal records, health screening clearance requirements, have a valid CA driver's license, insurance and acceptable DMV record.