The Family Care Network, Inc., (FCNI) an equal opportunity employer, is currently recruiting to fill the position of IT Coordinator. This is a position based at FCNI’s San Luis Obispo, CA headquarters. This position is responsible for supporting the IT Department in daily IT needs (Tier 1 Support), assisting in the management of agency equipment, IT infrastructure, cell phones and performing various other technical duties as assigned.
FCNI is a progressive, dynamic organization with a 34-year history serving San Luis Obispo and Santa Barbara counties through multiple programs designed to strengthen and preserve families and individuals impacted by trauma. Programs are delivered in partnership with public and private agencies and the community. With our "grow your own" philosophy, FCNI provides excellent advancement opportunities.
FCNI provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, genetics, or any other characteristic protected by law. In addition to federal law requirements, FCNI complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Due to the State Public Health Officer Order issued by the State of California: All workers who provide services or work in Health Care Facilities, including Behavioral Health are required to show proof of a COVID19 Vaccination.
Workers may be exempt from the vaccination requirements only upon providing FCNI's Human Resources department a declination form, signed by the individual stating either of the following: (1) the worker is declining vaccination based on Religious Beliefs, or (2) the worker is excused from receiving any COVID-19 vaccine due to Qualifying Medical Reasons
- To be eligible for a Qualified Medical Reasons exemption the worker must also provide to FCNI's Human Resources department a written statement signed by a physician, nurse practitioner, or other licensed medical professional practicing under the license of a physician stating that the individual qualifies for the exemption (but the statement should not describe the underlying medical condition or disability) and indicating the probable duration of the worker’s inability to receive the vaccine (or if the duration is unknown or permanent, so indicate).
- If you meet the requirements of the vaccination exemption; All unvaccinated workers are required to test weekly for COVID19.
- Wear a surgical mask or higher-level respirator approved by the National Institute of Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH), such as an N95 filtering facepiece respirator, at all times while in the facility.
Compensation and Benefits
- Full-time hourly position (40 hours per week), immediate opening in San Luis Obispo, CA
- $20.00 per hour starting wage
- Mileage reimbursement $0.50 per mile
- Benefits for Full-Time employees: health, dental, vision, life, 17 days PTO per year to start & 12 paid holidays per year, 403(b) retirement plan
- Provide Tier 1 Support for all IT Help Desk Tickets with an emphasis on good customer service.
- Coordinate IT Help Desk and Ticketing including, escalating tickets to the appropriate person, checking that other IT staff are responding to tickets in a timely manner and coordinating with any entities outside of FCNI that are necessary to resolve user tickets.
- Support FCNI equipment, including but not limited to: cell phones, desk phones, copiers/printers, desktops ,laptops and chromebooks.
- Maintain FCNI Asset Management including purchasing, cataloging, assigning, and tracking of FCNI equipment.
- Provide assistance in maintaining the Family Care Network computer system by:
- Offer support, training, and guidance to computer and cell phone users as well as new employees
- Troubleshoot both hardware and software problems
- Upgrade equipment
- Perform maintenance on current equipment
- Ensure monthly back-ups are properly executed and test restored procedures
- Provide training and “Best Practices” recommendations for agency-approved software applications as needed
- Coordinate IT equipment for staff (including Desktops, Laptops, Desk Phones, and Cell Phones). This includes setting up equipment for users, keeping records of all current inventory, and keeping records up-to-date on equipment assigned.
- Minimum of two years’ experience in general IT Support, performing maintenance and repairs in a professional environment.
- Must be proficient in computer operating systems (Windows 10, Chrome OS, Macintosh OS X) and be able to effectively troubleshoot and resolve technical problems of those systems with minimal oversight.
- Must have experience or the ability to troubleshoot Android based cell phones and tablets.
- Must have applied experience and proficiency in computer hardware and the ability to troubleshoot hardware problems/repairs with minimal oversight.
- Must be proficient in basic software (Microsoft Office, Google Apps etc.) and be able to effectively troubleshoot and resolve technical problems of software with minimal oversight.
- Must be able to work within FCNI offices and community locations for FCNI sponsored events. This is not a remote position.
- Must have applied knowledge and proficiency of Enterprise Backup solutions
- Must exhibit strong customer service skills
- Must have excellent organizational skills
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 pounds. Must get assistance for additional weight and as needed
- Must be able to grow professionally as the organization’s IT/IT Coordinator infrastructure grows and changes
- Must be able to work independently and within a team setting
- The IT Coordinator must be of good character and reputation, able to conduct her/himself as a professional, able to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing, and willing to conform to and carry out agency policy, procedures and programs
- The IT Coordinator shall meet all state criminal record and health screening clearance requirements, and possess: a valid California Driver’s License, automobile insurance and an acceptable DMV record, if applicable.