Onsite Property Assistant
The Family Care Network, Inc. has an opening for an Onsite Property Assistant in San Luis Obispo County. The Onsite Property Assistant is responsible to live onsite at one of FCNI’s transitional/HSP properties in order to monitor and properly communicate regarding unusual incidents or problems with the facilities or the residents, and provide limited property related administrative support.
FCNI is a progressive, dynamic organization with a 34-year history serving San Luis Obispo and Santa Barbara counties through multiple programs designed to strengthen and preserve families and individuals impacted by trauma. Programs are delivered in partnership with public and private agencies and the community. With our "grow your own" philosophy, FCNI provides excellent advancement opportunities.
FCNI provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, genetics, or any other characteristic protected by law. In addition to federal law requirements, FCNI complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Due to the State Public Health Officer Order issued by the State of California: All workers who provide services or work in Health Care Facilities, including Behavioral Health are required to show proof of a COVID19 Vaccination.
Workers may be exempt from the vaccination requirements only upon providing FCNI's Human Resources department a declination form, signed by the individual stating either of the following: (1) the worker is declining vaccination based on Religious Beliefs, or (2) the worker is excused from receiving any COVID-19 vaccine due to Qualifying Medical Reasons
- To be eligible for a Qualified Medical Reasons exemption the worker must also provide to FCNI's Human Resources department a written statement signed by a physician, nurse practitioner, or other licensed medical professional practicing under the license of a physician stating that the individual qualifies for the exemption (but the statement should not describe the underlying medical condition or disability) and indicating the probable duration of the worker’s inability to receive the vaccine (or if the duration is unknown or permanent, so indicate).
- If you meet the requirements of the vaccination exemption; all unvaccinated workers are required to test weekly for COVID19.
- Wear a surgical mask or higher-level respirator approved by the National Institute of Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH), such as an N95 filtering face piece respirator, at all times while in the facility.
Compensation and Benefits
- Part-Time/Non Exempt 12 hrs. per week
- Must be flexible in schedule availability and able to work with individuals in person
- Flexible remote and in-office work environment
Starting Hourly Rate: $14.00 per hour (adjusted for minimum wage increases only)
Wages are deducted as a Lodging Credit for monthly rent up to the maximum allowable amounts listed in the annual California Wage Orders according to minimum wage rates. When working the minimum weekly hours listed, all rent obligations are paid in full each month. Wages earned in excess of the lodging credit will be paid as regular payroll wages.
- Benefits: Sick time. Ineligible for all other benefits.
- It is the Onsite Property Assistant’s responsibility to be responsive to resident requests for assistance related to the property.
- The Onsite Property Assistant shall assist residents in meeting facility and emergency needs as needed, but shall not provide case management, maintenance repairs or other direct client services.
- The Onsite Property Assistant shall assist with maintaining a safe and secure facility through ongoing facility monitoring, including daily surveys of the facilities, which may include minimal cleaning of public areas such as laundry facilities.
- The Onsite Property Assistant shall conduct regular safety checks and be fully aware of emergency shut-offs and fire prevention.
- The Onsite Property Assistant will assist in conducting income verification of tenants
- The Onsite Property Assistant may collect resident documents and/or rent payments to deliver to the Property Management Specialist.
- The Onsite Property Assistant must be willing to be trained and certified in CPR/First Aid and crisis intervention techniques, and to attend any other training as identified by FCNI.
- Ability to work within diverse settings including residential units, office facilities, and other various outdoor and indoor settings
- The Onsite Property Assistant must live onsite at the property located in Atascadero, CA and maintain as their primary residence in order to carry out the duties of this position.
- Be of good character and reputation; professional; communicate effectively verbally and in writing; and ability to follow all state regulations, agency policy and procedures
- The Career & Housing Navigator shall meet all state criminal record and health screening clearance requirements, and possess: a valid California Driver’s License, automobile insurance and an acceptable DMV record