The Family Care Network, Inc., (FCNI) an equal opportunity employer, is accepting applications for the position of Rehabilitation Specialist. The Rehabilitation Specialist is a highly skilled children’s “behavioral specialist”, mental health services position which is used in the agency’s TBS, Wraparound Services Therapeutic Foster Care & Transitional Housing programs. Rehabilitation Specialists play a very important role in the treatment process for children/youth experiencing emotional or mental difficulties. Staff receive substantial training, support & clinical supervision.
FCNI is a progressive, dynamic, organization with a 33 year history of serving San Luis Obispo and Santa Barbara counties through multiple programs designed to strengthen and preserve families and individuals impacted by trauma. The agency is the Central Coast’s largest private children’s foster family and mental health services provider, with 200 employees and 21 unique programs serving over 22,000 children & families.
FCNI provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, genetics, or any other characteristic protected by law. In addition to federal law requirements, FCNI complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Watch: A Career with a Purpose:
Compensation and Benefits
- Full time position in San Luis Obispo County (40 hours per week)
- Must be flexible in schedule availability and able to work with individuals in person
- Flexible remote and in-office work environment
- Starting Hourly Rate: $20.00 per hour plus $1.50 per hour Spanish Bilingual differential (if applicable)
- Use of personal vehicle. Mileage reimbursement $0.50 per mile.
- Benefits: health, dental, vision, life insurance, 17 days paid PTO per year to start & 12 paid holidays per year, 403(b) retirement plan
- Provide counseling designed to minimize impulsive behavior & assist clients to engage in positive activities
- Provide interventions which redirect behaviors & prevent inappropriate behavioral responses, including cognitive behavioral interventions
- Provide interventions which improve client social functioning, daily living and essential lifeskills; this may include preparing youth for independent living
- Transfer skills to caregivers to improve their ability to manage client behaviors & promote stability
- Extensive driving that may include transporting clients and families, supervision of family visits and supervise approved activities with clients
- Ability to work with clients with severe emotional needs in diverse settings including family homes, residential care, juvenile justice facilities, schools, and other community settings.
- Participate in treatment team meetings, child & family teams and agency specific case staffing
- Prepare required written documentation, including case notes, incident reports, & agency forms
- Participate in agency training, unit/staff meetings, activities, & events
- Be flexible in schedule availability, which can include evenings, weekends and holidays
- A Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university in human services (psychology, social services, social work, counseling, human/child development) or a related field of study, and experience in working with persons with mental health/special needs in a mental health, social services, or human services oriented public/private organization;
- or An Associate's Degree from an accredited college or university in human services (psychology, social services, social work, counseling, human/child development) or a related field of study, and two years of experience in working with persons with mental health/special needs in a mental health, social services, or human services oriented public/private organization
- Bilingual candidates must be professionally fluent and able to perform all functions of the position in Spanish and English
- Knowledgeable of psychology, sociology & acceptable social work practices; theories of behavior management & interventions; theories of child development; counseling techniques and methodologies
- Be of good character and reputation, professional, communicate effectively, and able to follow agency policy & procedures
- Meet all state criminal record & health screening clearance requirements and have a valid CA driver’s license, insurance & acceptable DMV record