The Family Care Network, Inc., (FCNI) an equal opportunity employer, is accepting applications for the position of Rehabilitation Specialist. The Rehabilitation Specialist is a highly skilled children’s “behavioral specialist”, mental health services position which is used in the agency’s TBS, Wraparound Services Therapeutic Foster Care & Transitional Housing programs. Rehabilitation Specialists play a very important role in the treatment process for children/youth experiencing emotional or mental difficulties. Staff receive substantial training, support & clinical supervision.
FCNI is a progressive, dynamic organization that incorporates evidence-based, wraparound, culturally inclusive, positive youth development and best practices methods in all its programs. The agency is the Central Coast’s largest private children’s foster care and mental health services provider, with 170+ employees serving over 1,800 children & families per year in 17 unique programs. Excellent advancement opportunity.
Watch: A Career with a Purpose:
Compensation and Benefits
- Full time position in San Luis Obispo County (40 hours per week)
- Starting Hourly Rate: $18.00 per hour plus $0.50 per hour Spanish Bilingual differential (if applicable)
- Use of personal vehicle. Mileage reimbursement $0.50 per mile.
- Benefits: health, dental, vision, life insurance, 17 days paid PTO per year to start & 12 paid holidays per year, 403(b) retirement plan
- Provide counseling designed to minimize impulsive behavior & assist clients to engage in positive activities
- Provide interventions which redirect behaviors & prevent inappropriate behavioral responses, including cognitive behavioral interventions
- Provide interventions which improve client social functioning, daily living and essential lifeskills; this may include preparing youth for independent living
- Transfer skills to caregivers to improve their ability to manage client behaviors & promote stability
- Extensive driving that may include transporting clients and families, supervision of family visits and supervise approved activities with clients
- Ability to work with clients with severe emotional needs in diverse settings including family homes, residential care, juvenile justice facilities, schools, and other community settings.
- Participate in treatment team meetings, child & family teams and agency specific case staffing
- Prepare required written documentation, including case notes, incident reports, & agency forms
- Participate in agency training, unit/staff meetings, activities, & events
- Be flexible in schedule availability, which can include evenings, weekends and holidays
- A Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university in human services (psychology, social services, social work, counseling, human/child development) or a related field of study, and experience in working with persons with mental health/special needs in a mental health, social services, or human services oriented public/private organization;
- or An Associate's Degree from an accredited college or university in human services (psychology, social services, social work, counseling, human/child development) or a related field of study, and two years of experience in working with persons with mental health/special needs in a mental health, social services, or human services oriented public/private organization
- Bilingual candidates must be professionally fluent and able to perform all functions of the position in Spanish and English
- Knowledgeable of psychology, sociology & acceptable social work practices; theories of behavior management & interventions; theories of child development; counseling techniques and methodologies
- Be of good character and reputation, professional, communicate effectively, and able to follow agency policy & procedures
- Meet all state criminal record & health screening clearance requirements and have a valid CA driver’s license, insurance & acceptable DMV record