Resource Family Development Specialist
The Family Care Network, Inc., (FCNI) an equal opportunity employer, is currently recruiting to fill the position of Resource Family Development Specialist (RFDS). This is an essential agency position based at FCNI’s administrative headquarters in San Luis Obispo; requiring travel throughout San Luis Obispo County, with limited travel in Santa Barbara County. This position is responsible to recruit, develop; train and support foster families under the direction of the Resource Family & Adoptions Supervisor. The Resource Family Development Specialist must be flexible in schedule availability to perform the responsibilities required of this position, including evenings and weekends.
FCNI is a progressive, dynamic, organization with a 30-year history of serving San Luis Obispo and Santa Barbara counties through multiple programs designed to strengthen and preserve families and individuals impacted by trauma. The agency is the Central Coast’s largest private children’s foster family and mental health services provider, with 200 employees and 21 unique programs serving over 22,000 children & families during our 30-year history.
FCNI provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, genetics, or any other characteristic protected by law. In addition to federal law requirements, FCNI complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Compensation and Benefits
- Full Time - 40 hours per week - immediate opening in San Luis Obispo, CA
- $18.00 per hour starting wage plus Bilingual differential if applicable
- Frequent driving - Mileage reimbursement $0.50 per mile
- Benefits for full time employees: health, dental, vision, life, 17 days paid time off per year to start & 12 paid holidays per year, 403(b) retirement plan
- Contact churches and houses of faith, service clubs, community groups or other organizations targeted for recruitment
- Speak to groups about FCNI programs, services and opportunities for community involvement
- Conduct orientations with prospective foster parents, explaining our programs, services and expectations, as well as thoroughly reviewing the certification process
- Work within diverse settings including family homes, office facilities, training locations, and other various outdoor and indoor settings.
- Provide ongoing, strength-based foster parent contact and support
- Participate in agency recruitment planning and discussions; working with other FCNI staff and programs involved in recruitment efforts; and ensure that agency recruitment efforts are a well-coordinated, integrated and collaborative process
- Must be available full-time and able work a flexible schedule which can include evenings and weekends.
- Must have a Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university in a related field of study, and one year of work experience in related field
- Educational requirements may be substituted on a year for year combination of education and related experience, or four years experience as a foster parent
- Must be knowledgeable in foster care services/foster parenting
- Must be able to work independently and as a part of a team setting to meet recruitment goals
- Must be culturally competent in reaching diverse groups and a variety of faith based organizations throughout the community
- Be of good character and reputation, professional, communicate effectively verbally and in writing, and follow agency policy & procedures
- Meet all state criminal record and health screening clearance requirements, and possess: a valid California Driver’s License, automobile insurance and an acceptable DMV record, if applicable.