Resources Engagement Coordinator
The Resources Engagement Coordinator is a part of the Family Care Network Community Resources Development Department, responsible for promoting, marketing, engaging, and building relationships in order to increase community involvement with the agency throughout San Luis Obispo and Santa Barbara counties. The Resources Engagement Coordinator must be dependable to work during FCNI business hours and flexible in schedule availability for coordination of all FCNI events.
FCNI is a progressive, dynamic, organization with a 33-year history of serving San Luis Obispo and Santa Barbara counties through multiple programs designed to strengthen and preserve families and individuals impacted by trauma. The agency is the Central Coast’s largest private children’s foster family and mental health services provider, with 200 employees and 21 unique programs serving over 22,000 children & families. Excellent advancement opportunities.
FCNI provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, genetics, or any other characteristic protected by law. In addition to federal law requirements, FCNI complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Compensation and Benefits
- Full-time hourly, Non-Exempt position, immediate opening in San Luis Obispo, CA
- $20.00 per hour starting wage plus Spanish Bilingual Differential if applicable
- Benefits for Full-time employees: health, dental, vision, life, 17 days paid time off per year to start & 12 paid holidays per year, 403(b) retirement plan
- Assist in the planning and implementation of agency fund-raising and special events
- Assist in the establishing, building and tracking of donor relationships
- Assist community members and organizations that are hosting fund-raising and special events that benefit the agency
- Develop new community resources and relationships
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills, and be able to speak and/or represent the agency at public forums, events and community-based activities
- Work in collaboration with the Resources Engagement Team, and the entire Communication Resources Development Department, utilizing the strengths of each team member to effectively share department responsibilities.
- Provide support for assigned interns and delegate appropriate tasks
- Miscellaneous clerical support as needed
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree with one year of related experience in communications, business, nonprofit work, public relations, other related fields or a combination of the following:
- Associate’s Degree with three years of related experience
- High School Diploma with five years of related experience
- Must have experiential knowledge of business, communications, donor development, public relations and marketing strategies. Additionally, proven practices, for third sector, nonprofit organizations is preferred
- Must be proficient in computer skills, including: spreadsheets, word processing, data management, Outlook and the Internet
- Must have experiential knowledge of public relations and marketing strategies, social media and online advertising, methods and proven practices for third sector, nonprofit organizations is preferred.
- Must have specific knowledge and/or experience in fund development, project management and event management software, preferably in the Raiser’s Edge program.
- Be of good character and reputation, professional, communicate effectively, and able to follow agency policy & procedures
- Applicant shall meet all state criminal record and health screening clearance requirements, and possess: a valid California Driver’s License, automobile insurance and an acceptable DMV record.