The Family Care Network, Inc., (FCNI) an equal opportunity employer, is accepting applications for the position of Social Worker . This position will work within the agency's SB 163 Wraparound and Foster Care programs, providing social work, child and family team facilitation, case management and mental health services (therapy, rehab, crisis intervention, etc.) for children/youth and families with severe emotional needs.
FCNI is a progressive, dynamic organization with a 34-year history serving San Luis Obispo and Santa Barbara counties through multiple programs designed to strengthen and preserve families and individuals impacted by trauma. Programs are delivered in partnership with public and private agencies and the community. With our "grow your own" philosophy, FCNI provides excellent advancement opportunities.
FCNI provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, genetics, or any other characteristic protected by law. In addition to federal law requirements, FCNI complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Due to the State Public Health Officer Order issued by the State of California: All workers who provide services or work in Health Care Facilities, including Behavioral Health are required to show proof of a COVID19 Vaccination.
Workers may be exempt from the vaccination requirements only upon providing FCNI's Human Resources department a declination form, signed by the individual stating either of the following: (1) the worker is declining vaccination based on Religious Beliefs, or (2) the worker is excused from receiving any COVID-19 vaccine due to Qualifying Medical Reasons
a. To be eligible for a Qualified Medical Reasons exemption the worker must also provide to FCNI's Human Resources department a written statement signed by a physician, nurse practitioner, or other licensed medical professional practicing under the license of a physician stating that the individual qualifies for the exemption (but the statement should not describe the underlying medical condition or disability) and indicating the probable duration of the worker’s inability to receive the vaccine (or if the duration is unknown or permanent, so indicate).
b. If you meet the requirements of the vaccination exemption; All unvaccinated workers are required to test weekly for COVID19.
c. Wear a surgical mask or higher-level respirator approved by the National Institute of Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH), such as an N95 filtering face piece respirator, at all times while in the facility.
Compensation and Benefits
- Full-time position, serving San Luis Obispo and Santa Barbara counties * Bilingual in Spanish preferred*
- Starting Annual Salary: $62,400.00 depending on licensure, plus after hour on-call compensation when assigned. Professionally fluent Spanish bilingual candidates receive an additional $1.50 per hour bilingual differential compensation
- Mileage reimbursement $0.50 per mile
- Benefits: health, dental, vision, life insurance, 17 days paid PTO per year to start & 12 paid holidays per year, 403(b) retirement plan, and clinical supervision for BBS licensure
- Provide case management & social work services, including: case assessment & treatment planning, progress reports and evaluations, scheduling of required appointments, parent support & training, maintaining regular case notes of client and agency activities & attending multidisciplinary treatment team or similar meetings.
- Provide mental health services, including: assessment, child and family team meetings,individual, group & family therapy, rehabilitation, brokerage & crisis intervention. Some or all may be MediCal billed.
- Provide transitional living services including lifeskill assessment and skill development in critical life domains.
- May supervise In-home support or youth development staff.
- Must be able to work with clients with severe emotional needs in diverse settings, including family homes, residential care, juvenile justice facilities, schools, and other community settings
- Must be available full-time and able to provide services when clients and families need them, which can include evenings and weekends in order to ensure coordination and continuity of services in accordance to FCNI's Best practices and contractual obligations.
- The Social Worker must have a Master’s Degree from an accredited state approved graduate school as defined in section 88065.3 (b) (1) CCR. If assigned to a CCL regulated program, degree requirements must be from an accredited or state approved graduate school as defined by Section 88065.2(b)(1). CCR. This degree requirement may only be waived by exemption approval from CCL.
- The Social Worker is required to be enrolled and current with the California Board of Behavioral Sciences (BBS) as either a Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW), Marriage and Family Therapist (LMFT), Associate Clinical Social Worker (ACSW), or Associate Marriage and Family Therapist (AMFT).
- Licensed Social Worker (LCSW) or LMFT preferred – or must be licensed eligible (ASW, MFTI)
- Knowledgeable of case work methods and techniques; acceptable social work practices; theories of behavior management and interventions; clinical assessment, counseling techniques and methodologies
- Participate in 24/7 after-hours on-call rotation as assigned
- Be of good character and reputation, professional, communicate effectively, and follow agency policy &procedures
- Meet all state criminal record & health screening clearance requirements and have a valid CA driver's license, insurance & acceptable DMV record.