The Family Care Network, Inc., (FCNI) an equal opportunity employer, is accepting applications for the position for a Social Worker/Therapist . This position will work within the agency's SB 163 Wraparound and Foster Care programs, providing social work, child and family team facilitation, case management and mental health services (therapy, rehab, crisis intervention, etc.) for children/youth and families with severe emotional needs.
Here's a glimpse at: Become a Social Worker-YouTube Video
FCNI is a progressive, dynamic organization with a 35-year history serving San Luis Obispo and Santa Barbara counties through multiple programs designed to strengthen and preserve families and individuals impacted by trauma. Programs are delivered in partnership with public and private agencies and the community. With our "grow your own" philosophy, FCNI provides excellent advancement opportunities.
FCNI provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, genetics, or any other characteristic protected by law. In addition to federal law requirements, FCNI complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Due to the State Public Health Officer Order issued by the State of California: All workers who provide services or work in Health Care Facilities, including Behavioral Health are required to show proof of a COVID19 Vaccination.
Workers may be exempt from the vaccination requirements only upon providing FCNI's Human Resources department a declination form, signed by the individual stating either of the following: (1) the worker is declining vaccination based on Religious Beliefs, or (2) the worker is excused from receiving any COVID-19 vaccine due to Qualifying Medical Reasons
- To be eligible for a Qualified Medical Reasons exemption the worker must also provide to FCNI's Human Resources department a written statement signed by a physician, nurse practitioner, or other licensed medical professional practicing under the license of a physician stating that the individual qualifies for the exemption (but the statement should not describe the underlying medical condition or disability) and indicating the probable duration of the worker’s inability to receive the vaccine (or if the duration is unknown or permanent, so indicate).
- Wear a surgical mask or higher-level respirator approved by the National Institute of Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH), such as an N95 filtering face piece respirator, at all times while in the facility
Compensation and Benefits
Pay Scale $65,520.00 - $90,854.40 (see details below for starting pay rate)
- 40 hrs. - Full-Time/Exempt position in San Luis Obispo County.
Starting annual salary range
- Social Worker I (unlicensed) $65,520.00 annually
- Social Worker II (licensed) $68,806.40 annually
- Social Worker III (licensed 2+ yrs) $70,990.40 annually
- Plus a Spanish Bilingual differential (if applicable) of a 10% increase on the Employee's hourly base rate of pay
- Additional compensation for participating in after hours on-call. Daily rates range from $125-$200 depending on the shift and program.
- Mileage reimbursement $0.62 per mile.
- Eligible to enroll into benefits on the 1st of the month following employee's first day of employment. These are all high quality and comprehensive plans.
- FCNI will cover 75% of employee's premium and 60% of employee's dependent’s premium on the primary plan offered-Aetna PPO Health Benefit, Vision and Dental PPO - Average monthly premium for Employee Only plans $125.68 (Spouse and family plans available).
- (HMO and HSA plans available)
- Humana Life Insurance - $25,000 death benefit at no charge to the employee.
- Employee Assistance Program - Aetna Resources and Support at no charge to the employee which includes resources and support in:
- Emotional well-being support
- Legal services
- Daily life assistance
- Financial services, etc.
- 403(b) plan which allows employees to contribute a portion of their salary pre-tax toward their retirement with a monthly employer match.
- 12 paid holidays annually
- 17 days of PTO accrued annually (increases after 3 years of service)
- Clinical supervision for BBS licensure
- Reimbursement for fees associated with registering and maintaining the professional licenses required of the position (such as BBS licensing fees)
- FCNI provides free CEU courses for maintaining ongoing education requirements for professional licensure
- Provide case management and social work services, including: case assessment, treatment planning,progress reports and evaluations, scheduling of required appointments, parent support, training, maintaining regular case notes of client and agency activities and attending multi-disciplinary treatment team or similar meetings.
- Provide mental health services, including: assessment, child and family team meetings, individual, group and family therapy, rehabilitation, brokerage crisis intervention. Some or all may be MediCal billed
- Provide transitional living services including life skill assessment and skill development in critical life domains.
- May supervise In-home support or youth development staff.
- Must be able to work with clients with severe emotional needs in diverse settings, including family homes, residential care, juvenile justice facilities, schools, and other community settings.
- The Social Worker/Therapist must have a Master’s Degree from an accredited state approved graduate school as defined in section 88065.3 (b) (1) CCR. If assigned to a CCL regulated program, degree requirements must be from an accredited or state approved graduate school as defined by Section 88065.2(b)(1). CCR. This degree requirement may only be waived by exemption approval from CCL.
- The Social Worker is required to be enrolled and current with the California Board of Behavioral Sciences (BBS) as either a Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW), Marriage and Family Therapist (LMFT), Associate Clinical Social Worker (ACSW), or Associate Marriage and Family Therapist (AMFT).
- Preferred to have at least one year of experience working with seriously emotionally disturbed children or children who have a serious behavioral problem.
- Knowledgeable of case work methods and techniques; acceptable social work practices; theories of behavior management and interventions; clinical assessment, counseling techniques and methodologies
- Participate in 24/7 after-hours on-call rotation as assigned
- Be of good character and reputation, professional, communicate effectively, and follow agency policy and procedures
- Meet all state criminal record, health and drug screening clearance requirements
- Have a valid CA driver's license, insurance, registration and acceptable DMV record
- Be flexible in schedule availability, in order to meet youth and families' needs, which includes weekends and evenings.
- Must be available to report in-person with flexible remote/telecommuting work.