You Can Provide
a Safe Space
In SLO County, 95% of foster youth are removed from their homes due to neglect, meaning they lacked adequate food, clothing, housing or supervision.
Childhood should never be unsafe. As a foster parent, you’ll be their refuge from instability & change the course of their lives for the better.
Your Presence is Powerful
Foster Parenting Requires
Heart & Support
- Do you have a genuine desire to help foster youth who have experienced challenging circumstances?
- Are you open to having your home assessed for health & safety requirements?
- Are you able to provide safe, reliable transportation?
- Will you attend regular training & support groups?
- Are you free of a criminal record & drug and/or alcohol problems?
You Support Them
We Support You
- Comprehensive training on how to parent youth impacted by trauma
- Tax-free monthly financial support
- Team support 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Two home visits each month by an FCNI Social Worker
- Parent support groups
Partner With Us
Put your compassion into action! Join us in transforming lives for the better in our community.